DFRWS is dedicated to the sharing of knowledge and ideas about digital forensics research. Ever since it organized the first open workshop devoted to digital forensics in 2001, DFRWS continues to bring academics and practitioners together in an informal environment. As a non-profit, volunteer organization, DFRWS sponsors annual conferences, technical working groups, and challenges to help drive the direction of research and development. Papers presented at the annual conference are reviewed in a double blind process and the accepted papers can be freely downloaded from this site.
Join us in Denver, CO during August 2014 for the 14th Annual DFRWS USA Conference, and for the innaugural DFRWS EU Conference in Amsterdam, NL, May 2014
- Mar 3, 2014: A preliminary program for DFRWS 2014 EU has been posted and registration is open!
- Feb 12, 2014: We have extended the paper submission deadline for DFRWS USA by three days, please be safe in all the inclimate weather in the U.S.
- Aug 6, 2013: The 2013 best paper award was tied between two papers! Congratulations to Ralf Brown and to Neil Rowe, Riqui Schwamm and Simson Garfinkel!
- June 23, 2013: Now accepting entries to the Poster and Demo Session during the Welcome Reception Monday, Aug 5. Interested parties should email firstname.lastname@example.org with point of contact, name of the tool or research, and a short description.
- May 1, 2013: Registration is now available for DFRWS 2013! Following the success found last year, you can also register for optional (and free) tutorials.
- Mar 22, 2013: We want your input! Please provide your thoughts on a European DFRWS conference by completing a short survey.
- Feb 26, 2013:
The 2013 Forensic Challenge has been posted. Submissions are due May 30 !
- Jan 21, 2013: Just one week left to get your 2014 Challenge creation submissions in!
- Nov 9, 2012: Much of the DFRWS 2013 conference information has been finalized! Plan to join us in Monterey!
- Sept 8, 2012: We have posted some pictures from 2011 and 2012.
- Sept 4, 2012: The Board of Directors would like to welcome Wieste Venema to the board. Congratulations Wieste!
- Aug 8, 2012: Congratulations to Andrew White, Bradley Schatz and Ernest Foo for earning the 2012 best paper award!
- May 25, 2012: The DFRWS 2012 Program is announced!
- May 24, 2012: Act now, Early Registration is only available until June 15th!
We are actively planning for DFRWS USA 2014 in Denver, CO and DFRWS EU in Amsterdam, NL.
See the USA and EU conference pages for ways to get involved.
Subscribe to one of our e-mail lists or follow us on one of the below sites: